Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some Day I Will...

As I was thinking about what I should post this week, I received the thought that I should skip this week and just post something next week. I then decided to visit the Church's web site and see what was new on there. i did not get very far until something caught my eye and I started to watch the videos that they have posted.
One of the videos caught me off guard about its message and made me think about what I am doing to progress in the gospel. The video is titled "Choose this day" By President Erying, (The video is posted underneath this blog entry). As I watched the video I was pondering about what I am doing to choose to serve the Lord this day. I began to think about the goals that I set after my mission and where I was in accomplishing them. I also thought the same thing concerning my life goals and the goals that Taylor and I have set together. I then came to the conclusion that I need to do as President Erying was teaching and choose this day to accomplish those things that I have committed to.
This experience has lead to a great sense of gratitude for living Prophets. I am so grateful for those men called of God to lead us and help us to know what we should do to return to live with our Father again with our eternal families. I now know that I need to continually be choosing today to serve Heavenly Father and his children. I am grateful for this opportunity and the blessings that it will bring. I am also grateful for the wonderful examples that are around me. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me in many ways and it is time that I showed some gratitude back.

No comments: