Sunday, January 24, 2010

Does Life Ever Slow Down?

I can not begin to tell you the changes that have happened to our family is the last 3 weeks. From the holidays being over nothing has slowed down but things have become more chaotic. These changes that I have referred to are the same ones my wife wrote about in her blog.
Yes it is true that I am now a financial clerk with the ward, and that Taylor is the primary president. Which means that I now get to stay an hour to an hour and a half after church is finished to ensure my membership. I am ensuring my membership by not stealing any money from those sacred funds, because Bishop Meredith informed me that I have a calling that I can become excommunicated from and go to jail. What a nice thought, it also kinda gave me a little nightmare when I found out about it. YIKES!
Anyway things are moving and this semester is going by really fast. I am currently taking Anatomy, and learning from human cadavers. I must admit it was weird seeing one for the first time, but after becoming immune to the smell of formaldehyde I did not have any problems.
Ok quick story. In Anatomy we have a cadaver who was a convict. I personally thought it was great that he would donate his body so that we could learn off of it, and I thought it showed a great sense of repaying society. Anyway compared to the other cadavers his muscles are huge! It was funny hearing the T.A.'s tell us about how every other cadaver that they have seen have not even come close to the size that this man is. That brought me to the conclusion that if I am going to donate my body to science I want to have the biggest muscles of anyone in that school where I am being examined. That way everyone will always remember me and I will be infamous even though it is only my body that is left.
Well that should do it for now as were are gearing up for another week of classes and quizzes. Hope everything is going well for everyone else. Just remember who you are, and your potential.

No comments: