Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where ever thou art...Act thy part

As I read the email that my mother in law sent me this morning I can not help but to think of the actions that I should be doing to help my family and myself in progressing Spiritually and Temporally. The email contained a commitment, and also a document concerning those Saint's involved in the Huan's Mill Massacre. The commitment was to learn how we could apply the teachings of the article to our lives through prayer.

The article gives an important insight to how some of the Saint's acted to leaving their proprieties and heading to Far West Missouri, as their dwelling in Missouri started to become more hostile. The Prophet Joseph asked all the Saint's to gather in Far West but was confronted by some of the Saint's who wanted to stay at their homes with their property. Jacob Huan was one of those wishing to stay, he came up and argued with the Prophet on the manner of staying at Independence Missouri. Joseph told Brother Huan that he could decide for himself, but that if Brother Huan wanted to save his life that he should always do as he was commanded by the Lord.

I have been thinking about how I can do my part in the things that I am commanded. There are many commandments that we as Latter-Day Saints need to remember and follow, some as simple as reading the scriptures, praying daily, and going to church. Other commandments being a little more complicated as we may not see the blessing in following that council.

The article went on to teach the importance of following our living Prophets, and Apostles along with those of the past. I started to think about what I am doing to follow them, and how am I not following them in my life. Food storage is one of those that I found I can improve on. My wife and I are now buying an additional 6 cans for food storage every time we go shopping. This might not seem like a big thing to do but it helps with the motto "Where ever thou art...Act thy part".

What more can we do to "Act our part"? I encourage all who read this, even though there may not be a lot of you to find what things in your life you can do to become a more dedicated servant of Jesus Christ. We might find big things and also small things that we can change to correct the path that we are following. I also encourage all of us to keep an Eternal perspective on our lives. To go and serve your fellow Brothers and Sisters, and also share with them the simple truths of the Fullness of the Gospel. Great blessing lay in our path as we seek to follow the council of our Father in heaven, and His servants that He has given to us today.

It is my prayer that all of us throughout the entire world may grow closer in our relationships that we may preserver peace and establish the Lord's kingdom. I know that the Lord will bless us in special ways as we pursue this cause and that the Lord will help us accomplish the things that He Lord has commanded. And finally that all of us may act our part...wherever we are in the world today.

Article concerning Huan's mill...http://www.scribd.com/doc/4019837/Modern-Day-Repeat-of-Hauns-Mill

No comments: